Muammar Gaddafi is now no more among us. He ruled over 41 years on Libya, he was a young when he was colonel. May be sometime he showed his dark face but he was not a bad man. Let see below that what he did for his people and for his country.
1. There are no electricity bills in Libya; electricity is free for all of its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. A home is considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home…. Gaddafi’s father died while him, his wife and his mother were still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up a farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,00014. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.1515. 25% of Libyans have a university degree16.
His mistake was he didn’t bow his head in front of foreign rulers. No doubt that Libyans lost a great man who gave facilities to them. I am sure that Libyans will pay for this. On the religion point of view, a Muslim can’t kill another human but they killed another Muslim.
Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.” Makes you think, doesn’t it?
May He rest in Peace.